Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic Heads to the Skies
Look up each morning between August 30 and September 3 to see numerous colorful hot air balloons dotting the Boise skyline. Held every Labor Day weekend at Ann Morrison Park, the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic features different activities daily, along with live music and food vendors.
Balloon launches typically start at 7:15 a.m. and last as late as 9 a.m. With free tethered rides for kids on August 30, a chance to meet aeronauts each morning and a one-of-a-kind Nite Glow spectacular on September 1, this iconic event is one you won’t want to miss. Spectators are encouraged to dress for the weather, bring lawn chairs and leave dogs and drones at home.
PGA Golf and Live Music at The Albertsons Boise Open
The 23rd annual Albertsons Boise Open presented by Chevron is back in town August 24-27 at Hillcrest Country Club. This Korn Ferry Tour event features some of the best up-and-coming PGA Tour players, followed by three nights of live music on the 18th fairway. Musical guests Sheryl Crow, Weezer and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will perform following tournament rounds Thursday – Saturday. All tickets include admission to the golf tournament, concerts and on-course hospitality. Youth 15 receive free admission all week with a ticketed adult. *Note: Sheryl Crow and Weezer concerts are sold out.
In addition to great PGA Tour golf, guests can also enjoy:
- Albertsons Wine Bar and Chill Zone – Cool off with your favorite chilled wine. Featuring a variety of more than 15 delicious wines, this climate-controlled skybox offers all fans both indoor and outdoor seating right next to the 16th green, only a few steps from the evening concerts.
- Corona Premier Beach Club – New in 2023, this spot on the 10th green lets fans soak in some sun (or shade) and watch two of the most exciting tee shots of the tournament on holes 10 and 18.
- Michelob Ultra Fan Pavilion and Beers Fore Birdies – The air-conditioned pavilion offers fans a place to grab lunch from the Albertsons Signature Café, drinks from the full bar and a great view of all the golf action on the exciting par-5, 16th hole. Every time a player makes birdie or better on the 16th hole, beers are half price for fans 21 and over.
- Coors Light Fan Deck – Located behind the 18th green, all fans can grab a cold beer and enjoy a front-row seat as players finish their rounds along with picturesque views of downtown Boise and the Treasure Valley.
- Heroes Outpost – Open to active/retired military, first responders and their families and includes complimentary lunch and free beverages. Veterans, active/retired military and first responders also receive two free tickets to the final round on Sunday, August 27th.
Spain, Greece, Japan And Vietnam Are Booming: 80 New Summer Hotel Openings – Forbes
Snake River Valley – Best Wine Region Readers Choice Awards – USA Today 10 Best
Savor Idaho Wine Event Features Diverse Array of the State’s Wineries, Draws Big Crowd – Wine Business Monthly