Hot Ways to Stay Cool in Boise
As temperatures near triple digits, Boiseans hit the water and head to the hills to cool down. Start your Boise River float at Barber Park, where you can rent kayaks, tubes, and rafts or bring your own. If you’re looking for a little more adventure, book a half or full day raft trip on the scenic Payette River just 30 miles north of Boise.
Other favorite Boise summer activities:
- Rent a canoe or paddle board from Idaho River Sports and paddle around Quinn’s Pond or surf a manmade rapid in the middle of town at nearby Whitewater Park.
- Drive up to Bogus Basin to hike, bike, enjoy the view from the chairlift or ride the Mountain Coaster.
- Hike the Ridge to River Trail System with over 190 miles of trails that meander and loop throughout the Boise foothills.
- Fish the Boise River where anglers of all skill levels can find Idaho’s native trout.
- Relax on the beach at Lucky Peak State Park, perfect for swimming, picnicking, fishing, boating and biking.
- Walk, bike, scooter or jog along the Boise River Greenbelt with its many shady parks.
- Splash in the fountain downtown at The Grove Plaza.
- Chill out with ice cream from Stella’s or The Stil.
The Albertsons Boise Open Brings PGA Golf and Live Music to Town
It’s time to throw on your favorite polo shirt. The Albertsons Boise Open presented by Chevron is back August 18-21 at Hillcrest Country Club. This Korn Ferry Tour event features some of the best up-and-coming PGA Tour players, followed by three nights of live music concerts on the 18th fairway. Musical guests Train, Billy Idol and Midland will perform following the first three tournament rounds. All tickets include admission to the golf tournament and concerts. Youth 15 and under get in free all week with a ticketed adult.
In addition to great PGA Tour golf, guests can also enjoy the following on-course hospitality:
- Albertsons Fan Pavilion – This air conditioned skybox is open all day Thursday – Sunday for fans to grab lunch from the Albertsons Signature Café, drinks from the full bar and a front-row seat to all the golf action on the exciting par-5, 16th hole.
- Michelob Ultra Beers Fore Birdies – While in the Albertsons Fan Pavilion, all fans 21 and over can enjoy half priced beers every time a player makes birdie or better on the 16th hole.
- Coors Light Fan Deck – Located behind the 18th green, the Coors Light Fan Deck is a great place to grab a drink and enjoy a front-row seat as players finish their rounds.
- Heroes Outpost – This venue is open to active/retired military, first responders and their families and includes complimentary lunch and free drinks.
Boise is Booming with New Meeting and Event Lures – Meetings Today
The One Thing You Have to Eat in Every State – Food and Wine