Feel the Love in Boise
Although it feels like it was just Christmas, Valentine’s Day is almost upon us. Whether or not you’re in a relationship, treat yourself or a loved one to a getaway in Boise. Stay at one of Boise’s many hotels and have a celebratory dinner or drinks at your choice of nearby restaurants. Remember to make your reservations in advance to avoid being left out in the cold with only your love to keep you warm.
Valentine’s ideas in Boise that meet a variety of love languages, for singles and couples alike:
- Sports Lovers – Catch an Idaho Steelheads game at Idaho Central Arena and cheer on the hometown team. You can also head over to Boise State University to root for the Broncos at a basketball game or gymnastics meet.
- Movie Lovers – Take a break from streaming on your couch and savor a night out watching the big screen. Choose from a number of theaters located throughout the Treasure Valley or check out The Flicks in downtown Boise if you’re into independent, foreign or art films.
- Art Lovers – Book a glassblowing class, stroll hand-in-hand through a local art gallery, paint your own pottery or build with clay and bring home a memento of your outing.
- Dance Lovers – Find a new way to connect with your partner or meet new people by taking a lesson or two at a Boise dance studio. Dance can improve your social life as well as your physical and emotional health. Even if you think you have two left feet, instructors will greet you with kindness, warmth and inspiration.
Experience Idaho Winter Wine Weekends
Are you looking for unique experiences to liven up winter? Plan a weekend escape to one of Idaho’s award-winning wineries, open year-round. New in 2023, Idaho Winter Wine Weekends span four select weekends between January and March, with special themed events.
Participating wineries and cideries will welcome visitors with special food and wine pairings, tasting flights, promotions, fun activities and a cozy, inviting atmosphere. Pick the weekend—or weekends—that suit your fancy. No reservations required.
These events are great for date nights, friend outings, or somewhere fun to get out of the house with good food, pretty scenery or a warm fireplace. Many of the wineries are kid-friendly so families are welcome.
- Feb. 4 & 5: Dessert First
- Feb. 5: Idaho Wine Tastings at Bogus Basin Resort, 12-4 p.m. on Simplot Plaza
- Feb. 18 & 19: National Drink Wine Day
- March 4 & 5: Family Fun Day
For more information, and a list of participating locations, visit: https://idahowines.org/winter-wine-weekends/
The Coolest City to Visit in Each State – The Discoverer
A Gentleman’s Guide to Boise, Idaho – Airows