Farmers Markets Open in April
Warmer weather means the start of farmers market season. Visitors and locals alike can eat fresh and experience the local side of Boise. Growers and artisans are busy preparing their wares, which include produce, specialty foods, beverages and art. Come meet the vendors, experience a vibrant shopping atmosphere and support a sustainable food system.
Boise Farmers Market opens April 1 at Shoreline Plaza and runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday through December. Find fresh local seasonal vegetables and fruit, several types of locally raised protein, breads and pastries, honey, jams and sauces, fresh-roasted coffee, and a delicious selection of ready-to-eat foods. Capital City Public Market kicks off its 29th season on April 15th at the Grove Plaza in downtown Boise. Featuring as many as 150 vendors, the market is open every Saturday until mid-December from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Pints Up for Idaho Craft Beer Month
Whether you’re into lagers, ales, porters or stouts, Boise is a beer lover’s paradise. Idaho has one of the fastest growing craft beer industries in the U.S. and the state comes by its brewing roots honestly. Fun fact: Idaho is the number one barley producer and number two hops producer in the country. Boise alone has 16 craft breweries, so take your pick of local taprooms and discover a new favorite drink.
Ways to support Idaho Craft Beer Month:
- Visit a local brewery. If the weather is nice, ride your bike or walk. Many are located in downtown Boise or along the Boise River Greenbelt.
- Try a new Idaho beer.
- Introduce a friend to your favorite Idaho beer.
- Go to an event based around Idaho craft beer.
- Ask for an Idaho beer when dining out.
- Purchase a six-pack or bottle at the grocery store.
- Fill up a growler of Idaho beer at a filling station or brewery.
- Stop by the Boise Metro Chamber Gift Shop | Visit Boise Information Center and buy from a selection of Idaho craft beer.
The Ultimate Weekend Getaway to Boise – Sip Magazine
Visit Boise Announces 2023 Board of Directors Leadership – Idaho Business Review
21 Affordable Summer Vacations Destination in the U.S. With Kids – Families Love Travel